• Nutritional Therapist since 2003. Qualified with distinction from the Institute of Optimum Nutrition in London.
• A member of the British Association of Nutritional Therapists and one of the first Nutritional Therapists in the UK to be accredited by the Nutritional Therapy Council (a body set up to regulate the industry). This is now overseen by the Complementary and Natural Health Council.
• Practice from my clinic in Petersfield, where I specialise in stress and fertility, but see clients with a wide range of health issues – from weight loss to skin problems, digestive complaints to hormone imbalances. I also see clients with stress-related issues from the Stress Clinic in London once a month.
• I was a member of the academic team at the Institute for Optimum Nutrition (ION) from 2005-2008, where I worked with students on the three-year foundation degree course as a tutor. I continue to run workshops and lecture for ION.
• Accredited as a practitioner for Foresight, the pre-conceptual care charity.
• Diploma in Kinesiology, qualifying in 2011 after studying for two years with Trevor Gale, formally of the Association of Systematic Kinesiology and founder of ProActive K.
• I present both public and specialist professional workshops – for example, seminars on perinatal mental health for the NHS, healthy pregnancy workshops for the National Childbirth Trust, training courses on optimum nutrition on behalf of the International Institute of Anti-Ageing, and stress resilience workshops for public audiences.
• Contribute as a nutritional expert to radio shows for the BBC and regional stations.
• As a health journalist and author, I write for mainstream media such as Healthy magazine, Zest, the Express newspaper and the Huffington Post, and am author (with Patrick Holford) of The Stress Cure, Optimum Nutrition Before, During And After Pregnancy, Optimum Nutrition Made Easy and The Perfect Pregnancy Cookbook (also with Fiona McDonald Joyce).
"Susannah Lawson is my favourite nutritional therapist."
“I honestly thought this all this HeartMath and relaxation stuff was a load of fluffy rubbish, but it’s made an enormous difference to how I feel, function and look. I’m a true convert!”
"Those who think they have no time for healthy eating, will sooner or later have to find time for illness."
“Susannah’s enthusiasm is infectious. She is a font of knowledge and so encouraging and helpful. Thanks to her expertise, my health is transformed.”
"The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with nutrition."
"Today, more than 95% of all chronic disease is caused by food choice, toxic food ingredients, nutritional deficiencies and lack of physical exercise."
“Susannah, I cannot tell you how grateful I am. Katy’s eczema has plagued her since birth but it’s now completely cleared up and she’s a different child with so much more confidence.”
"Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food."
“We were struggling to conceive when we came to see Susannah. Five years later, we have three healthy boys and are delighted.”
"Optimum nutrition is the medicine of tomorrow."